I am a researcher and senior lecturer at the Department of statistics at Uppsala University, where I am also director of studies, advanced level. My statistical research is in the fields of causal inference and experimental design. I also do applied research in several fields, with a focus on evaluation of randomized field experiments.
You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- El Gohary, F., Nordin, M., Juslin, P. and Bartusch, C. (2023), “Getting the signal – Do electricity users meet the preconditions for making informed decisions on demand response?” Energy Research & Socal Science, Vol. 100, 103119.
- Johansson, P. and Nordin, M. (2022), “Inference in experiments conditional on observed imbalances in covariates,” The American Statistician, Vol. 76 (4), 394-404.
- Nordin, M. and Schultzberg, M. (2022), “Properties of restricted randomization with implications for experimental design,” Journal of Causal Inference Vol. 10 (1), 227-245.
- Elinder, M., Hagen, J., Nordin, M. and Säve-Söderbergh, J. (2022), “Who Lacks Pension Knowledge, Why and Does it Matter? Evidence From Swedish Retirement Savers,” Public Finance Review, Vol. 50(4), 379-435
- El Gohary, F., Nordin, M., Juslin, P. and Bartusch, C. (2022), “Evaluating user understanding and exposure effects of demand-based tariffs,” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 155, 111956
- Mörk, E. and Nordin, M. (2020), “Voting, taxes, and heterogeneous preferences: Evidence from Swedish local elections,” Economics & Politics, Vol. 32 (3), 356-380.
- Nordin, M. (2019), “Local Television, Citizen Knowledge and U.S. Senators’ Roll-Call Voting,” European Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 56, 212-232.
- Nordin, M. (2014), “Do Voters Vote in Line with their Policy Preferences? The Role of Information,” CESifo Economic Studies, Vol. 60 (4), 681-721.
- Liang, C-Y. and Nordin, M. (2013). “The Internet, News Consumption, and Political Attitudes: Evidence for Sweden,” The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, 2013, Vol. 13 (2), 1071-1093
- Andersson, H., Dahlberg, M., Håfström Dehdari, S. and Nordin, M. (2022), “Voting in the 2022 Swedish election: Evidence from a field experiment,” AEA RCT Registry, AEARCTR-00010040.
- Dahlberg, M., Lundholm, M., Martén, L. and Nordin, M. (2022), “Do Brokers Beat Auctions in the Sale of Foreclosed Real Estate Property? RCT Evidence from Sweden,” AEA RCT Registry, AEARCTR-0009356.
- Dahlberg, M., Lundholm, M. and Nordin, M. (2022), “Do Brokers Beat Auctions in the Sale of Foreclosed Real Estate Property? RCT Evidence from Sweden,” AEA RCT Registry, AEARCTR-0004883.
Articles and reports in Swedish
- Nordin, M. (2020), “Ska vi sluta använda oss av statistisk signifikans?” Ekonomisk Debatt, Vol. 48 (5), 38-47.
- Elinder, M., Hagen, J., Nordin, M. and Säve-Söderbergh, J. (2022), “Svenska folkets kunskaper om pensionen,” IFAU Rapport 2020:23.
- Mörk, E. and Nordin, M. (2013), “Hur reagerar väljare på skatteförändringar?” Ekonomisk Debatt, Vol. 41 (1), 11-15.
StataEditor is a package I’ve written which enables the use of the editor Sublime Text 3 as code editor for Stata